Tuesday, February 1, 2011

31 Weeks 3 days




So, apparently gloating about how great your pregnancy is really bites you in the butt! Since the update last week, things have changed slightly. On Wednesday morning, there was some spotting, and luckily I had my dear friend Amanda to race me to the hospital. The spotting stopped, but contractions began. They tried just about every drug to get them to stop, but my body fought through all the meds! Pretty much I have been contracting anywhere from every 5-10 minutes since Wed. We had a slight scare when they started talking about delivering the babies that night, but then things calmed down when my cervix was not dialating. So nothing has really changed in 6 days, no cervical changes, but still having contractions.
I am now home on Strict Bed Rest! I can get up to use the bathroom, shower for under 10 minutes, and make a quick bite to eat. Mike has set me up with everything I need within arms reach, and I have many a projects that I can tackle while lying here. I also have a bevy of friends that have come by or offered to come by and hang out with me, so it is really not so bad. Anything I can do to have happy, healthy, not-in-the-nicu babies.

This was pretty much expected with a twin pregnancy, and that is why I was such a neurotic planner, and we had everything done by 28 weeks! Most every mom of twins I have met was on bed rest by now, I was lucky to get to 30 weeks. Nursery is done, all baby classes completed, hospital bag was packed, so I feel very prepared, I just really don't want them to come for at least another 4 weeks!

As of Friday, Baby A was weighing in at a hefty 3 lbs 14oz ( in the 95th percentile!) and Baby B is right on track at a normal weight of 3 lbs, 3 oz. So they are doing beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment